Monday, December 28, 2009

Two months already

On Christmas Eve Ross turned two months old. I waited to post as he had his two month check up today. He weighed in at 12 lbs, 9.6 oz and is 23 inches long (tall). He's completely mastered smiling and cooing now. We're working on getting into more of a schedule and trying to inch up his bedtime each night. He likes to wait until 10:00 - 11:00 to go to sleep for the night but tonight he was actually in bed at 9:00. We may have had some help with that since he got FOUR shots this morning and has been pretty sleepy all day. He was in a great mood at his dr appt. He "talked" to the nurse and the doctor the whole appt. When we laid him down for his shots he was just smiling like crazy. When they stuck him the first time he got this look of "what the heck did they just do" and then the second time he held his breath and then screamed. I picked him up quickly (each poke was two shots as two nurses each did a leg). As soon as I picked him up he stopped screaming and cuddled up to me. He screamed for maybe two seconds and was done, never whimpered again.

I think his legs were a bit sore today but we've stayed on top of the Tylenol all day long and he has slept quite a bit. Actually, I was upstairs doing laundry and he was a bit gassy so I laid him down on his tummy for some tummy time and he fell asleep right on the floor as I was separating the laundry.

Here are a couple of pictures that I snapped on his actually two month birthday - Christmas Eve. It was difficult getting a picture that didn't make him look like a big chubby since he can't sit up straight.



Here is a great picture that Russ snapped yesterday at the Missouri basketball game when Ross was talking and smiling with me.



Here is the picture of Ross passed out in the hallway while I was sorting laundry.

No comments: