Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving on... some recent updates

1. I think I'm coming to grips with the fact that I got behind on blog updates and I'm just going to have to move forward without trying to catch up.

2. I borrowed some clippers from our neighbors last week and cut the boys' hair by myself. $50 saved... woo hoo! I think I'm going to borrow them again this Wednesday to clean them up before vacation.


3. We leave on family vacation this Thursday morning!! We are all super excited, probably most of all Ryan. He asked me when we were going about 20 times yesterday... although he is a little skeptical about getting on a boat. The three boys are packed so now I need to get busy with the rest of the stuff.

4. Chicago marathon training is in full swing... but it's HOT and getting hard to get runs in some days. I did get to enjoy a 7 mile run in 60 degree weather last week in Denver for work. My long run so far has been 12 miles (three times) and I'm supposed to be up to 18 in a couple of weeks... eek!

5. Speaking of hot... we did some playing in the backyard pool and hose last night to cool off. We'd tell Ross to jump in and he'd bend his knees and jump but his feet wouldn't leave the ground. Had Russ and I laughing pretty good.


6. As I was packing for family vacation and frantically searching for some 2T shorts that we didn't seem to have anymore I decided that all of the boys' past clothes were a mess and needed fixed! I found some size 4 clothes that Ryan never wore because that tub was unknown to me, etc. I spent several hours last week starting and then finished it all up yesterday. Ryan came home from a movie and helped too - he loves being a helper and loves sorting and organizing! I'm proud to say I found LOTS of 2T shorts (in a tub with 3T shirts - go figure) and got ALL of the boys clothes sorted, organized and labeled for future seasons.... more money saved :)


7. I moved positions at work. My new team is located in Denver, CO so my calendar has many 4:00 - 5:00 calls on it. Between that and trying to decide how I was going to do three different drop offs in the mornings, I FINALLY came to the logical conclusion that I just couldn't continue to drive across town to our home day care any longer. Our boys have been to Beth's house for almost 8 years now. It is a bitter sweet good bye as she represents peace of mind and comfort for us but we're also looking forward to more flexibility and more time as a family as I save over 90 minutes in the car each day.

No comments: