Monday, July 11, 2011

JUNE

Wow, I missed a MONTH (well, almost a month and a half)... I'm not sure the best way to go about updating but I'm going to attempt it with some pictures and quick captions. Will probably take me a couple of posts to get through June.

School's out! I forgot that I had taken this picture but it cracked me up. When Reid brought home his school supplies on the last day of school - these were the pencils he brought home. However, not the pencil on the right that says 'happy birthday'... I put that one there for contrast to show how small his pencils were. One was split in half and the other is nothing more than a nub. Someone please remind me to check in with him mid year and ensure he has some suitable pencils at school... sheesh!

Summertime -

Reid has been asking to take karate for at least a year now. We've been telling him that he's too busy with other activities and needed to wait for summer. We bought a three month pass from his school's silent auction for $17 - score! He's LOVING it and seems to be doing really well.

Aunt Courtney came to visit!! She was able to stay for over two weeks and was a great help and a lot of fun. She babysat, washed windows, did laundry, helped with meals, etc. We also squeezed in quite a bit of fun - a trip to Olive Garden, Cars 2 in the theater, Tbones game, Schlitterbahn (water park), bike rides, walks, and of course playing on her iPad (above).

Russ took the boys out of town for an overnight (more on that in another post) so Courtney and I took the opportunity to go out to eat with Ross. We went to Olive Garden and he was pretty good. Here he is enjoying his spaghetti.

This was obviously a pre-meal picture because his shirt was still clean but I just had to throw it in... I think he really looks like Ryan in this picture.

The boys completed swimming lessons in June as well. Ryan missed one day because he had croup (which included an urgent care visit in the middle of the night) but still did really well. He was in the 5-6 year old class and was able to complete all of the skills except for a couple. He'll probably take the same level over again next year. Reid passed his level 1 class with flying colors and is swimming really well.



I mentioned Schlitterbahn up above. Courtney and I took the older two boys one day while Ross was at daycare. We got there at 11:30 and stayed until almost 7:00!! It was by far my best day of the summer so far. We had so much fun. There aren't a ton of rides open at the park yet (still under construction) but it was enough for us. I loved how they let you bring in coolers. We got a picnic table and took drink and snack breaks while re-applying sunscreen. I could go on and on with how much fun we had - something I definitely want to do again some day, and the boys are STILL talking about it too.
This was Ryan on the way home from Schlitterbahn! It didn't take long for him to completely pass out. I changed his trunks into shorts and put him to bed where he slept all night long... and then we left the next morning for our trip to Hannibal (Fourth of July Weekend)... more on that weekend in a later post.

No comments: