Monday, August 13, 2012

10 Random Updates

I have 15 minutes until my next conference call and I decided it's about time I update my blog again.  I know I'll be updating it later this week with the first day of school pictures but here's some random updates.

1.  I'm still running... of course.  I'm training for the Marine Corps Marathon in DC on October 28th.  I did an 18 miler this weekend so I feel like I'm going to be ready.  I'm much stronger this year than I was for Chicago last year.  I've been taking a cross fit class two days a week since Thanksgiving last year and I can tell a huge difference in hills, etc.

2.  We've been potty training for a couple of weeks.  Ross is doing GREAT with peeing on the potty, he very rarely has accidents (maybe one a week).  Pooping; however, is another story :(  I don't know why but he cant' figure it out.  Not fun!  I wish I had a magic answer but no bribe we have offered has seemed to help.

3.  I've been on a major kick with getting our house cleaned up lately.  I think Russ is sick of my "projects".  We moved the sectional from the basement up to our living room and our beige furniture down to our basement.  I think the main living room looks so much better now.  We also got a new flat screen tv for our basement so we could get that huge box of a tv out of there.  Next up - all three boys are rotating rooms over Labor Day weekend.  Insane, I know... but I think I'm going to be very happy with the results.


4.  I have a LOT of travel (a lot for me at least) this fall.  There are four weeks in a row that I'll be heading out for a couple of nights mid-week.  While career wise I do like getting out in the centers and personally I do enjoy a night away here and there.. traveling is such a pain with coordinating the kids' schedules for before/after school, activities, etc.  It's a month away and it's already stressing me out.

5.  We found out the boys' teachers last night.  Ryan has Mrs Bolliger, who I had hoped he would get, and Reid has Mrs Byrd, who he says he wanted.  I really don't know much about either of them.  Tonight we get to see their class lists so they can see who is IN their classes with them.  Ryan already knows the three kids he would know - Carter, Taylor, and Tori - all got the same teacher as him also.

6.  Our new hockey kid should be here this weekend.  Surprisingly, Ryan is the most excited of the boys.  As of now we'll just have one this season.  His name is Jody Randall and he is from Minnesota.  That's all we really know so far.  More to come I'm sure.

7.  Speaking of hockey housing - it's been a LOT of work the past two weeks.  I'm trying to pass on the torch, it's just hard to transfer that knowledge so quickly.  I can't wait for the new lady to take over more, I just have too many other priorities right now.

8.  Ross has really buddied up with a neighbor boy, Charlie, that is a month younger than he is.  They are so cute together.  I see some serious play time going on in the next couple of years.  Here they are at our neighborhood ice cream social last night.


9.  I did SIX loads of laundry today and I need to wash the guest sheets either tonight or sometime before this weekend.  With Russ and I both working out and Ross potty training we are making some SERIOUS laundry work around here!

10.  Reid and Ryan both start soccer practice this week (technically Reid has had one but then had a week off).  He has practice Monday and Friday this week and Ryan has practice tomorrow night.  Our busy activity schedule is picking back up after having the entire summer off from sports (it was a nice break)!

And that's 10.  Some of them were a stretch to come up with but I was going for some variety :)  And now all of my readers are updated with the going ons around here!

No comments: