Friday, February 15, 2013

A weekend without dad

Well, it's Friday night and another weekend is upon us but I thought I'd fill you in on our weekend LAST weekend.  We had a great weekend.  Russ and Reid left early Saturday morning for a hockey tournament and a hotel stay in Springdale, AR.  After 5 games (going 3-2), Reid's team brought home the first place trophy.  They had a great weekend:

Yeah, I think he likes trophies :)

But, since I was here with the little two - I thought I'd blog on OUR weekend. My back was really hurting Saturday morning from my Friday workout so I did what any sane person would do.  I mopped our kitchen floor on my hands and knees.


Area under the kitchen table - double improved!

Ross dressed himself and was pretty proud of his outfit choice
Later that day it kept seizing up and really hurting so I did three very slow miles on the treadmill to see if it would loosen up and it did some.  The boys played with their claw machine (ate candy) while I was on the treadmill and we just hung out and played.  That evening one of Russ' friends stayed with us as he was in town visiting another friend in the hospital.



Sunday morning I woke up and ran 10 very hilly miles (thankfully with very few problems).  The hills definitely took their toll on me.  I showered and said goodbye to Russ' friend.  I ended up laying on my bed reading a book for OVER an hour while the boys played nerf guns.  They were VERY good and playing so well together.  I ended up taking them out for yogurt and to the library to get books (and let them take our neighbor friend with us too).

This was some obstacle game.  They climbed over my bed, onto the bench and jumped off shooting baskets. 


I think the little two are thinking "what the heck, that kids crazy"

Nope, Ross idolizes Ryan... now he wants to be just like him

The pretty much wiped Ross out.  He fell asleep around 4:30 and I let him sleep for about 45 minutes before waking him up so he'd still go to bed that night.  He did and Russ and Reid got home around 9:30pm.  It was the best, most relaxing weekend.  I didn't accomplish a lot - I had grand plans of organizing before my back started hurting... but I'm glad I took the down time while I had it.






No comments: