Monday, February 4, 2013

Where is all the time going?

I've been wanting to get on here and do an update and just haven't found time. I'm knee deep in several things that are just stealing all of my time.

* I'm reading a really good book and already have the next in line checked out so I'm rushing to read them as quickly as I can, although I fall asleep way too early these days.

* My friend, Suzanne, got me rolling on my Project Life album on my Mac (using photoshop elements to resize photos) and I'm loving that I'm making great progress.  I swear I took every photo in 2012 with my iPhone held vertically.  That's really NOT conducive to my album.  So, I know how to fix them it's just time consuming!  I WILL remember to turn my iPhone for horizontal photos in 2013!!!

* My latest issue of Runner's World showed up some time last week and it's STILL sitting here on my desk, unread.  That's basically unheard of.

* WORK.  Nothing fun but it has been busy lately :(  Where I could usually have snuck in a thing here or there before, I really have not had time.

* I am WAY behind on laundry and the dishes are always needing done.  I am; however, caught up on keeping the house picked up for the most part.  Most of it is presentable and clean although I still have my lingering organization projects (linen closet, pantry, basement storage room) eating at my inner thoughts.  Russ and Reid are going to be gone Saturday and Sunday this weekend and if the little two cooperate (play nicely) I might just try and tackle one of them... we'll see ;)

Speaking of projects, I found my desk and finished my office!!  It was quite the project as the desk came as a 3 piece set with an armoire and a bookshelf type cabinet with two drawers and a hutch.  My mom and Jerry came down so we would have two trucks for pick up, our neighbor helped carry in the desk and drawers and then my mom and I cleaned the heck out of them.  The armoire from the new set was terribly heavy and not as pretty as what I already had so I mixed and matched and I truly LOVE what my final result was.

Take a look:

My new office! (Tater was enjoying the sunshine.  The front of the desk needed repaired, but it was easy.  I ended up spending about $200 - $300 for ALL of it. 
Quick update but it's already 8:40 (gasp!) and my book and bed are calling my name.

No comments: