Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The three ring circus is complete...


I've been a bit delayed in updating the blog... one of the crazier weeks for us at the McDowell house. We had our sonogram last Wednesday and found out that #3 is indeed going to be our third boy. Phew... and I was afraid my blog title would make no sense any more :) In all seriousness, we're both very excited. I like boys... I believe I was meant to be a mother of boys. I'm far outnumbered now and will definitely be open to any girls trips, spa trips, etc but I couldn't be more excited!

We had a bit of a scare with some "oddities" on the sonogram but believe that these have been cleared up by follow up appts, sonograms and blood work. So, instead of 2 or 3 sonogram pictures - we have 15! We've got 4 different pictures of the penis alone so at least we know they've got that right :)

It seemed like the wind was let out of our sails there for a while and we're building back up to being excited now. I still feel a sense of reservation for some reason but I'm sure that'll be gone in no time as well.

The boys still don't know. We were going to tell them last week and then these things came up, etc and there just hasn't been a good time. Pretty soon I think Reid's going to put it together - that or he'll start hiding all the good food - as mom is really getting quite the belly :( Maybe sometime in the next couple of weeks or so. I just need to get my calendar numbered backwards so I can answer 'how many more days' every morning.

1 comment:

Mojavi said...

congrats!!! you were always meant to be outnumbered... and it takes a mom like u to have three boys...