It's just been one of those weeks at the McDowell house... MOM feels like she's spinning out of control :) Courtney keeps telling me to take photos, Russ keeps telling me to blog all this crazy sh*t the boys are coming up with and I just can't seem to get any of it done. Honestly, I don't have a lot going on at all... just in my head. And only 17 weeks left until we add to this craziness too (that's by my self created due date).
So, in no great story telling fashion, here's a bulleted list of some of the rather "odd" or funny things the boys have done this week.
* Swimming lessons started on Monday. While Ryan has never taken an activity or sport that wasn't one where the parent participate with the child - we thought he'd do just fine. I went in to work late Monday to help our summer babysitter get the boys checked in. Good call as Ryan completed melted down. I believe he cried during the whole lesson. Every day has gotten a bit better though and today (Thursday) the report from Alyssa was "no tears at all today."
* In a shortened summary form, let's just say the other night in the bathtub the boys had some fun with their special boy parts. Reid was trying to get his to float on the water and teaching his brother how to dump water on it. At one time he yelled "don't dump water on my head, only on my wee wee"... I ended baths quickly that night!
* Because Ryan actually participated in swimming lessons on Wed and I had things to get anyway, I took them to Wal-Mart where Ryan knew I was going to get some chocolate milk (which I don't buy much of anymore). Ryan said on the way that I was the "best mom ever." Reid often uses this classic suck up phrase but this was a first for Ryan. Then, Reid, to top his brother said... "If I were 53 and you were 44, I would marry you!" This was brought on because I've told him a couple times lately that he can't marry me because I'm his mom and I married his dad and he can't marry Courtney because she's his family and he can't really marry Morgan because she's too old for him. I told him he'd eventually marry someone that was about his age. He's really into wanting to "marry" people he loves a lot... especially Morgan - 4 times out of 5 that's who he will say is his girlfriend (and his 16 year old cousin... so probably won't work).
* Last night Ryan was playing out back in the little blow up pool and sprinkler when Reid decided that he wanted to play as well. He had been riding scooters out front with his friend, Jack. He sent Jack home after swim trunks and he went in to change clothes. Jack comes back changed from his house and Reid was still inside. After another good 3 minutes or so I thought maybe he needed some help. I hollered in the back door of the house "Reid, do you need help"... the reply comes from right inside the front living room -not where I was expecting him to be. He was fully clothed, sitting in the living room watching cartoons! I asked him if he was putting on his swimming trunks and he said "Oh, I forgot." The boy is ENAMORED with the tv. He had went inside and got stuck on cartoons and totally forgot what he was doing.
* Last night before I went to bed I sent our babysitter a note and asked her to come 30 minutes later and sent my boss a note telling her I was going to sleep a little longer. I didn't feel very good and just felt like I needed to get some extra sleep. At around 3:15 I heard Ryan hollering for me (something about the boys voices I can always hear). I go into his room and he's sitting up in his bed and tells me there are spiders in his bed. No clue where that came from but I took him potty, rocked him a bit, and put him back to bed. Then around 4:30 I hear him hollering again. I can't remember what he said this time - either worms or snakes were in his bed. I assured him there was nothing in his bed (and I swear we washed his sheets two days earlier) and tried to get him to lay back down. He wanted a drink so I went down and got one for him and he drank almost a whole glass of water (yeah, I figured he'd be up at 5 having to go potty too... but he didn't). I have no clue what brought on all that craziness but I think I'm banning any more Indiana Jones movies for him :) LOL.