Monday, May 3, 2010

The McDowell Weekend

We had a great weekend! The little guys were with Grandpa Jerry and Grandma Cella Thursday night and Friday night so we only had Reid on Friday night with no plans. We had four different book-it certificates that hadn't been used and I realized they expired on 5/1 so we arranged for Reid to have five other kids over for a pizza party. All of the kids were neighbors so a couple sets of parents came along with them as well. We had a great time and didn't call it a night until VERY late.

I picked up the little guys on Saturday and Russ took Reid to his hockey game. We didn't do much else.

On Sunday I had to run 12 miles to make up for skipping it on Saturday morning. As soon as I got home from running and got around, we headed out to the air show in St Joseph, MO. The boys were great at the air show. We had to park and ride buses to the actual show. We didn't have to wait at all and the kids listened really well. We had a great day!!

The boys spent a lot of time on daddy's shoulders. I tried to help and carry them on my back as well but each time I would go to pick one up Russ would take them away (he knew my hips were a bit sore from the 12 miles that morning).





Reid sitting and posing by the cockpit of an (airplane)... insert name after Russ tells me what it is :)


Ross stayed awake almost the entire air show and just hung out in the stroller as happy as could be. He got hungry midway through the air show and had a bottle under an airplane wing. We left shortly after his bottle and he slept on the way home.

A picture of two parachuters and a plane (Russ would have to tell me what kind... they are all "airplanes" to me).

No comments: