Thursday, November 18, 2010

We are THANKFUL...

I got this idea from a blog post that the most wonderful Becky Higgins did. As most of you know, I love ALL things Becky Higgins! In fact, she just came out with her new Project Life kit last week. (I prefer the turquoise design). I am seriously contemplating trying it one of these years! (I'm adding it to my Santa list although my list is already quite long!) Since I have decided that I no longer have time to scrapbook, I think it would be a great compromise to still capturing our family life.

Becky's family used the word 'grateful' and talked about gratitude but her kids are a bit older than mine are. I decided to stick with the much simpler version and discuss 'Thankful.' I made this poster (it's not hung just yet, but will be tonight - just need to pick up some 3M picture hanging strips - one of the best inventions ever!)

Anyway, back to the project. The boys and I talked about Thanksgiving and all the things that we had to be thankful for and then I told them that all week they could write down things that they were thankful for and either write the word or draw the picture. They had a lot of fun with it and we had some good discussion about how lucky we are as a family. I'll post a picture next week on Thanksgiving to show all the things that we came up with that we are blessed with. Don't worry, we already have tv and computer on there - that took Reid about 10 minutes. We also added "food" for baby Ross and Ryan drew a couple of 'abstract' images :)

No comments: