Monday, May 30, 2011

And last but not least - Ross

Hmmm... I'm sensing a theme here, but Ross is also pretty much non-stop. I think Ryan probably has him beat at activity level but Ross is certainly more work. He's perfected the high pitch, shrill scream that makes us stop and start handing him whatever he wants as a means to save what little hearing ability we have left.

He's mastering more and more these days. One of our favorite games (and means of distraction) is to ask him where his body parts are. He currently knows hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, chin, neck, tummy, fingers, hands, feet, and toes. He LOVES dogs, birds and turtles so we also often mention these or start looking for these to distract him. He says "turtle" in the cutest way. I might have to try and get a video of it sometime. I also love the way he says Lola (our neighbors dog) and koala. His vocabulary is getting pretty extensive to mention every word. He definitely has Reid and Ryan down but is usually hollering for "Ryan" (he might have picked up that habit from us... oops).

Luckily we're also finally getting out of the stage of crying for 20 minutes when we put him to bed. He's now back to going to bed like a champ although that could have more to do with the fact that he's getting to bed closer to 8:30 and spending tons of time "side" (outside)... another favorite of his. Here's one night where he was ready to put himself to bed:

Speaking of "side" here's a couple of great pictures of him playing outside. He loves to ride around on this scooter. Only problem is that after a while it gets really old pushing him around on it :)


Inserted random pic here, just took this one morning I was taking all of the boys' pictures:

I picked up this little blue chair as am impulse buy one day. It was $5 and I thought Ross would like it. I put it back for a night that we were going to have company thinking it would keep him busy. It didn't work that night but he's had fun playing with it since then... and sitting in it to watch some tv. (oh, and standing up on it trying to rock it)


See that face in the picture above? Now when he sees my camera he is saying "cheese" and making this face. Here's another one. This is from the day of our party and my house was clean. Meal time is VERY messy at our house right now so I took Ryan and Ross out to Mimi's cafe for lunch. I had never been there before but had some "free" coupons so I thought it would be a cheap lunch. I don't think that's the type of place you take a 4 year old and 19 month old solo but we had fun. Only one table asked to be moved away from us... but as I told my mom, that lady had a stick up her butt anyway :) HA HA. The boys were really good, Ross was just kind of loud... ok, really loud for a few seconds when we sat down. When they brought out our appetizer (had a free coupon) he said "oooh" really loud too!

It's no secret that Russ and I spend a good deal of time on our computers. Russ basically uses his office as home base and can be found in there most hours of the day if we are at home. I leave my laptop open a lot of the time and check in on my e-mail and facebook quite frequently. Recently we also got a webcam from Aunt Courtney and after over a month I finally got it hooked up and we have been using Skype with her. We are having a lot of fun with it too. Any time Ross sees me on my computer he comes over and starts yelling "Hi Caca, Hi Caca"... not real good with Courtney yet.

Anyway, back to my story. Ross recently found a toy laptop of Reid's and he loves to play with it. The other day when I was getting dinner ready he was on his laptop on the floor of the kitchen:


And just to be clear. I am quite positive that neither Russ nor I have ever laid on the floor of the kitchen to use our computers!

(Hope you have enjoyed these three updates of the boys) One more promised update this week on our Memorial Weekend and a visit from Hockey Ross.


No comments: