Thursday, November 22, 2012

Our Day of Thanks

I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner this year.  Grandpa Steve & Grandma Linda drove up from Hannibal, MO and joined us for Thanksgiving.  They got to our house around 9am and we ate our big lunch just before noon.  I know, I know... I'm not exactly known for my cooking skills :)  I ordered a pre-cooked turkey, a couple of sides, and a couple of pies.  Russ' mom made homemade noodles, sweet potatoes, and mashed potatoes.  We also had two kinds of rolls, a vegetable tray, strawberries, and some cookies for the kids.

Ryan had made all of us some placemats and name cards on Wednesday.  We had the placemats all laminated and picked out a centerpiece on Wednesday as well.  I thought the table looked pretty:


Here's a peek at our spread:

After we all ate too much of our food, I definitely needed some exercise.  I hate eating too much and going to sleep - just makes me feel like the food is going right to my hips.  I took the boys to the park to play for a little while.


 The boys decided to play some hide and seek.  Reid did a great job of hiding.  Can you see him in the picture below:

Did you spot him?
Here's a better picture:

He climbed the tree and laid down against it to hide.  I had to steer the boys in the right direction to find him.
Grandpa Steve & Grandma Linda left around 3:30 so I decided to go hit Michael's since they opened at 4pm and see if they had any great deals.  I'm glad I did because I got a great deal!!

The Michael's line right before the doors opened - it really wasn't that bad.
In the evening we had another round of the meal and then cleaned up the kitchen.  Russ and the boys watched some football, played toys, and wrestled.  Ross fell asleep on Russ around 6:30p.  Ryan did some of his Thanksgiving homework packet.  We let the big boys stay up until 10p and then we all went to bed.

He did 4 of his 5 worksheets - he's doing so well in school!
(Update - Ross slept until 8:15a.  Reid got up around 8 and Ryan got up around 8:30a.  Not a bad night of sleep!  It's 9a now and we're still chilling in our pajamas - playing puzzles, computer games, and watching tv).  Not much planned for today... a little stick & puck fun at 11:15 and that's about all)

No comments: