Wednesday, May 23, 2012

School's out for the summer...

WOO HOO!!  I don't know why I'm so excited (I still have to work) but today was the last 1/2 day of school for Reid.  I LOVE summer.  Our mornings are much more relaxed as we have no certain time the boys have to be out the door and since I work from home and my boss is an hour behind me it makes for pretty relaxed mornings.

So, we're done with all sports and school and ready to relax for a while!!  We have several fun trips planned (South Dakota, Branson and Florida for mom) and some local things that we want to do as well.  Ryan and Ross will still be going to All Around Child but their curriculum also relaxes for the summer.  They will both get a splash day at least once a week and Ryan also has weekly field trips.  I think he's really going to enjoy it.  Of course I'm planning to let him stay home 1-2 days a week with Reid and his summer nanny.  It hits the pocketbook a little harder but I think it's fair.

Reid on his FIRST day of second grade

And this morning.
Last night Russ and Ryan went to Toys R Us and picked up a 6 foot swimming pool for our backyard.  We have a fabulous neighborhood pool but the boys also love playing out back in the sprinklers, swimming pool and water guns, etc..

Russ took this picture - I love it!  He said Ryan couldn't wait to get in.
Ross also really wanted to get into the pool when he got home as well.  The water was FREEZING but it didn't seem to stop them.  Ross was so cold when we finally made him call it quits.  Russ got him all dried off and put flannel pajamas on him to warm him up.  I hadn't got a workout in yesterday as Ryan had stayed home with me so I went for a run and Russ got everyone into bed... Awesome night!

Welcome SUMMER!!


No comments: