Thursday, December 15, 2011

12, 13, and ummm 14?

The advent calendar continues. 10 days until Christmas... WOW!

On Monday night the activity was:

Day 12 - Ryan goes shopping for his brothers.

In years past we have done all of our sibling shopping on one night. It's always a bit crazy with Russ and I handing off kids in different aisles and using coats to hide presents in our cart. It's always worked out fine but this year I just decided to let the boys each go shopping by themselves and have their own night.

Ryan took a list of requests from Reid before we left the house and I think went with something he'll love (I believe he had this game before but it's one of the many that he has lost. Some day I'm hoping to run across a black square case that had 8 - 10 games in it but I'm afraid it's just gone). I'm pretty sure this will be a hit:


Ross' gift was completely Ryan's idea and there was no swaying him to anything else. Ryan has been going through a real stuffed animal phase lately and he was sure that Ross would LOVE these stuffed cars that actually talk with the voice of the character when you throw them... I don't know, we'll see.

Ryan forgot to leave his list of requests with Reid before we headed out on day 13.

Day 13 - Reid shops for his brothers.

Ryan was really excited about this Blizzard maker on Monday night when we were at Wal-Mart and thought about getting it for Reid. The boys had already seen it in a catalog earlier in the month and wanted it too. I showed it to Reid and it was an easy sell:


We kind of struggled with ideas for Ross but eventually wound up with this Elmo guitar and I think he'll really like it.


Day 14 - Umm... yeah... it was kind of a bust. It was supposed to be Ross' shopping night. I got a call from Ryan's daycare around 4:00 that he had a fever of 102.3. When I picked him up I thought we'd go by CVS and pick up some medicine. While there I decided to just get him checked out as his cough was VERY barky.

I called Russ and he came and picked up Ross and Ryan and I waited about 30 minutes. By the time we were seen his fever was 103.3 and they could not treat him since it was over 103. So, we headed off to an Urgent Care facility. We didn't have too long of a wait at urgent care. I think his fever there was 103.1... or maybe I have the two reversed, I can't remember. Long story short... he was very out of it, kept falling asleep, no energy. They did a strep test (I told them that wasn't it) and then said that he had croup. We got a prescription called in, picked up dinner on the way home and went home. Ryan slept the whole way home and then just passed out in the living room when we got home. After two attempts we got his prescription filled, picked up and in him before sending him to bed. He slept all night and woke up fever free.

We never did an activity.

He's home with me today... still barky but no fever and has a good amount of energy. He's done play dough, markers, toys,
etc.

No comments: