Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2... Chocolate Milkshakes

So, no good pics from tonight. The boys were re-scheduled (from our sick day) for three MUCH needed haircuts from 4:30 - 5:30 and then Reid had hockey practice from 6:50 - 7:50 so I switched our planned event up a bit. After haircuts Russ took Reid to hockey and to get a chocolate milkshake. I took the little boys to get some dinner and chocolate milkshakes.

Random rant: I try not to eat McDonald's ever so when I do I get the Bacon Ranch Salad with the lowfat dressing. It's actually pretty good... with crispy chicken. I decided to be even better tonight and got it with the grilled chicken. I was not a fan.

Since I had no pictures of our event to share I thought I'd share a picture of our advent calendar... the same one we have used since 2008 (glad I painted the year on the back). The boys and I painted this together (Reid was 5 and Ryan was 2). I believe Russ helped touch up some areas too.

HA HA... I moved the calendar to make sure there wasn't mess in the background. But... to be completely real, here's the real picture:

That's right, I have a sink full of dirty dishes (okay and papers and mail piled on the other side of the island). I have been up since 4:30 am (workout) and actually did get a LOT accomplished today. I FINALLY got my phone fixed, a new phone ordered (and mailed) for my mother in law, a lunch out with a friend, and a large to do list of real work (the job I get paid for) accomplished. At 3:30 I had a huge deal blow up at work and I was able to resolve it AS I was picking kids up from daycare and getting them to haircuts. By the time I was done with milkshakes, dinner, putting up our fourth Christmas tree and some other Christmas decorations I made the decision that the dirty dishes could wait until tomorrow morning :) My blog readers (both of you) were much more important. Now off to put Ross to bed. Ryan has found the Grinch that Stole Christmas (the movie version) on tv and is SILENT (maybe a first time ever)... he loves everything Grinch!

No comments: