Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Experience

So, rewind a few days (weeks) because I just had to share a fun experience that we had. The night after Aunt Courtney came into town for Christmas (22nd) our advent calendar idea was to "go someplace FUN for dinner." We went to a Japanese steakhouse that is RIGHT by our house. I had been the week before with my work group and thought the boys would really enjoy it. The food is cooked hibachi style (at your table) and the chefs are very funny.

The guy first asked us if he could make fire. I said "sure, the bigger the better." I guess I didn't think about how scary that would be for baby Ross because he did NOT like it. It is pretty hot and pretty big but he got over it rather quickly. The older two boys (ok, and the adults too) had so much fun. Reid tried all of the food and really liked it all. Ryan didn't try much and mostly just ate the snacks that I had brought along for Ross.

There was just a ton of entertainment:

* a volcano made out of onions
* both boys jumped from a fake ketchup bottle being squirted at them (string inside)
* catching shrimp flipped to us (Russ 2 for 2, Mom 1 for 2, Courtney 1 for 2, Reid 0 for 4)

The boys have talked about the restaurant and the night several times since then. It was definitely a hit and something we will absolutely do again.

The yummy food...
Courtney and Ryan...

Russ and I (and Reid having some soup in the background)...


Trying the soup...
Ross even liked it...

Post fire, calming down...


Volcano fire...

Enjoying the show...


No comments: